dear john by nicholas sparks

Written by Darlyn At Friday, February 26, 2010
The Summary (Goodreads):

An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life--until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else. "Dear John," the letter read...and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever. Returning home, John must come to grips with the fact that Savannah, now married, is still his true love--and face the hardest decision of his life.

My Thought of The Book:

Okay, the first chapter of the book already stated that John and Savannah are not together in the end. But it doesn't stop me to finish the book till the end as I like Nicholas Sparks on his previous books I've had read. It intrigued me more than ever of what was actually happened to their relationship.

I know this doesn't end with happy ending but the story was entirely amazed me although I already knew what the finishing line. Nicholas Sparks never fail to amuse me and Dear John is another heartbreaking and pulled my heartstrings.

I love the fact that the love story between John and Savannah are sweet and true; in the beginning, or at least to John in the end. John sacrificed a lot for Savannah and I think it's not that Savannah meant to break her promise to wait for John, but fate plays it's own part. September 11 is a big thing and changes a lot of other person's life too. And that changes everything between john and Savannah.

I cried, but not because of John and Savannah. I particularly cried because of John and his dad. Knowing the fact that his father has an Asperger; some sort of disability, made John realized that he finally learned to love his father. Thanks that to Savannah.

I am angry for the sad ending and mostly on the reality that leaves John with nothing. No love, no money. But one thing for sure, John believe that he finally know the meaning of loving someone that is when you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be. However, living with the fact that there will always never be a happy ending eventually in every relationship/love story, I come to the conclusion that I love the book, very much.

My Rating: 4.5/5

8 comments:

  1. The ending (John with nothing) has me thinking I'll pass reading this one. I do however thank you for the lovely review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww great review! I haven't read this yet, but I liked the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Juju: You probably right about not reading this one because of the ending. but i cant resist to read Sparks. =(

    @ Sara: And I havent watch the movie. Lucky You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! OMG!!! OMG!!!
    i tot so...this book is awesome!!!
    superb review darling. this would go to my wishlist....yeah!!! thanks sharing Darlyn..haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ cj: i think you will like this one too cj =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah!! this is my type of book...haha!!
    thank huh...for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your review and I loved the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you've enjoyed the book, Darlyn. I loved it. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review