recommend me #2

Written by Darlyn At Friday, February 05, 2010
Kate at the The Neverending Shelf is hosting this fun weekly meme Recommend Me where you recommend a book, old or new, that you really enjoyed.

To play along, grab a favorite read and tell us about it. You can include your thoughts about the novel, its summary, your favorite memory related to the novel... the possibilities are limitless.. =p


The Fear Street Saga Trilogy by R.L. Stine
The Betrayal #1
The Secret #2
The Burning #3


The Summary (Wikipedia):

The title of the series comes from the name of a street in Shadyside, which was named for the Fear family. Their name was originally spelled Fier, however after being told that the family was cursed and that the letters could be rearranged to spell "fire", Simon Fier changed it to Fear in the 19th century. The curse survived, however, and Simon and his wife Angelica brought it with them when they moved to Shadyside sometime after the Civil War. The curse began much earlier, in Puritan times when Benjamin and Matthew Fier had an innocent girl, Susannah Goode, executed for allegedly practicing wicthcraft. Although a fire allegedly burned the last of the Fears (preventing a Fear and Goode from marrying), the series features some surviving Fears suggesting one of the brothers survived. These events are described in the Fear Street Sagas, a spinoff of the main series.

The characters never stay the same, although some characters, such as Suki Thomas, appear in one book and are mentioned in, but unrelated to the plot of, many other books. Locations that were central in one story would have a cameo appearance later on.

Bottom Line:

I love this books. In my early preteen-age, I used to read a lot of R.L. Stine books. When I say a lot, it is a LOT. My mom still asking me as if when will I dispose all of the books. But she didn't throw them anyway. In my leisure time, I several times re-read the trilogy. It's eloquent with simple grudge twist. What I love most is the creation word of Fear, Fire, Fier. It's all makes sense as we read along till the end.

I recommend this books to all YA fan/lovers. It's a worth read, or maybe I should brilliant instead =)

7 comments:

  1. fun picks.....I read these ones years ago...lol....R.L Stine rocks...;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here from Friday follow. I like the recommend me meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. I attribute my daughter becoming a reader to R.L. Stine. They are still very popular with m middle school students. Good Recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember going through a phase of my life, when RL Stine was God! ::chuckle:: I don't read him any more and don't recollect if I ever read these, but I would like to read him some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of this series but all the books look good, Darlyn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review