country brides by debbie macomber

Written by Darlyn At Monday, April 05, 2010
Title: Country Brides
Author: Debbie Macomber
Pages: 272
Rating: 4/5

Summary (Amazon):

Two women--each engaged to the wrong man.
Two weddings--but not the ones they plan.

"A Little Bit Country"

Rorie Campbell has a pleasant, predictable life in San Francisco, where she's seeing a pleasant, predictable man. Then, one vacation, her car breaks down on an Oregon country road, and horse rancher Clay Franklin comes to her rescue. Rorie soon discovers that a city girl can fall in love with a country man. But Clay has no right to return her feelings because he's engaged to another woman.

"Country Bride"

Kate Logan is devastated when Clay Franklin, her former fiance and the man she's always loved, marries Rorie Campbell instead. But at Clay's wedding, and after a glass of champagne too many, Kate proposes to her longtime friend, rancher Luke Rivers. Luke accepts her proposal and refuses to renege on his promise. What's more, he insists that Kate doesn't love Clay, she loves him.

My Review:

I've never read Debbie Macomber but I heard a lot of good reviews on her books. Country Brides is a compilation of two story of two couples. I have read a lot of comments about this book on Goodreads as well as Amazon. Although most of them were not really giving such good comments and rates, I think this book didn't really let me down. It's a romance type and a very quick read. Can't blame on the fast pace of how the story was told for a love at first sight. This a good book if you are looking for something that doesn't take much thinking and is easy to read. It's a book that make you relax that holds interest at the end of a long day and this one filled the request. Voila!

Macomber definitely an excellent writer as I was easily absorbed with this book. The simplicity of the storyline, of how she created a very down to earth scenario is absolutely how a love at first would be. Maybe it sounds a little bit corny, but I love it. While the second story is actually a chronology from the first story. Kate, the ex-fiancee of Clay is trying to figure out how she could find her own happiness after the man she loves married someone else. Turn out the happiness she was looking for is actually a man who is always next to her. Someone who is really really confident that 'he's the man' for her.

I love reading the book and I am sure that the time spent reading this book is worth a tiny bit something. One thing for sure, this book will definitely not be the last book of her I'll read.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds cute! I'm not really into the romance genre but I'll keep this in mind if I'm ever looking for a quick read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie McComber is such a good author. She does have a sort of laid back rhythm to her writing that I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book sitting on my shelf; I've been debating whether or not I should read it I think now I must :D Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I need a break for something uplifting and fun to read after a line of murder suspense novels, her books are great! I haven't read all that many, but will read more by her and so far have liked all the ones I have read. So far, "Twenty Questions" is my favorite novel by her and I loved "One Simple Act" which is non-fiction about generosity.

    Glad I found you through the Tuesday Teaser meme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review