my monthly books recap: october 10

Written by Darlyn At Monday, November 01, 2010
Hi everybody! How are you and how was Halloween? I bet everyone had a great time. I never experience a Halloween except watching it in dramas or movies. I think it's fun and exciting with costumes, treats, candy and yummy food..and the list could go on. LOL

I wonder what costume I'll wear but I always dream to wear something black like Morticia Addams! She's pale with red lipstick, long sleek shining black hair and tight black gothic dress. Perfect sarcastic serious vamp, grows flesh-eating plants (like me!), witty and deadly. Now I miss watching The Addams Family. The whole family is real spooking I tell you =)

So what's your costume for Halloween this year? I've seen a few blogger buddies with costumes on their blog and very happy for them to enjoy their Halloween!

Something nice and something great to share but let gets to business. I have to be honest that I don't read much during the October. I managed to read and review 5 books. So few right?

1) Damaged by Pamela Callow
2) The Island by Sarah Singleton
3) The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
4) Sons of Fortune by Jeffrey Archer
5) The Life O'Reilly by Brian Cohen

Not so good but it's better than nothing! So there would be 88 books read this year and 12 to go to reach 100 books this year. I thought at least I could make it to 150 books but I guess 100 will do. Fingers crossed!

But before I forget, I'm hosting a giveaway of a signed copy The Life O'Reilly by Brian Cohen. It's open internationally and click here to enter. Ends 11/9.

So like always, how was your October? I love to hear anything you want to share. Oh, and do leave the link of your October read if you have in the comment!

Have a GREAT NOVEMBER! Cheers!!!

7 comments:

  1. I also didn't have a good October. Lets hope the both of us do better this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to remember that it isn't how many books we read each month but how we enjoyed the books we did read! Have a great November!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great! I happened to read some really good books for October and it's pretty weird to see that I rated books with 5 stars in a row. I hope that November will bring a lot of joy for you and that you'll have a lot more time to read.

    Have a great week, my friend =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have read The Last Song & The Life O'Reilly, both good.

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/10/october-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't do Halloween I actually won't have any idea what to do... probably to old now to find out. I'm at 83 books out of my goal of 100 this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still think you did great, Darlyn. I did slightly better for October but it could definitely be better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goal is to read 100 books too. I chose 100 books to mark my fist full year of blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! XOXO ;p

 

Once A Bookworm Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review